MOROCCAN SALADS (HOT AND COLD)
In Morocco, around the main dish, we often serve hot and cold salads, refreshing, it is a good habit among most Moroccan families because it allows eating a lot of varied vegetables with different cooking methods and different flavors.
There is, of course, the famous "Zaalouk of eggplant" (recipe already published here) but also a salad made with tomatoes and cucumber and carrots with cumin among others.
Here are these two very simple recipes that most Moroccans know well;)
All these hot and cold salads can be served as an accompaniment to red meats, fish and chicken
Carrots with cumin
It is necessary :
2 cloves garlic
2 tsp. cilantro
1 tsp. 1 tsp cumin (or a little more depending on taste)
A drizzle of olive oil
Peel the carrots cut them and then cook them in boiling salted water or steam
Check the cooking, once the carrots have become tender, drain them
In a pan, pour a good drizzle of olive oil
Add the two crushed garlic cloves, then the carrots
Then add the cumin, coriander, salt, pepper, mix
Serve preferably warm
It takes 4 to 6 tomatoes
1 small cucumber
1 small onion
A drizzle of olive oil
Peel and dice the vegetables
If you prepare this salad in advance, do not season it, because otherwise, the tomatoes will make their juice. So add the seasoning at the last moment.
Add to the diced tomatoes, cucumber and onion drizzle of olive oil, a few drops of lemon juice and a pinch of salt,
decorate with black olives, that's it!
As I said, these are really simple everyday recipes, but tastefully they are excellent, a good way to consume vegetables.
THE BEST MOROCCAN SALADS (HOT AND COLD)
- Crispy Harissa Chickpea Caesar Salad
- Artichoke, green peas and preserved lemon salad
- Moroccan Medley Salad Bowl
- Seafood and Quinoa Salad Bowls with Turmeric and Mint Dressing
- 1 Pot Loubia Stew with Sundried Tomatoes and Kale (Vegan Bean Stew).
- Amlou Warm Goats Cheese Salad.
- Figs, Dates and Harissa Chutney.
- Beetroot Salad with Chopped Avocado
- Sweet Chermoula Tuna Tartare with Cucumber Noodles.
- Zaammus - Zaalouk + Hummus Dip
- Bakula Salad with Spinach and Kale.
- Moroccan Chicken Kebabs + Fennel and Orange Herb Salad.
- Bissara - Split Peas and Fava Beans Dip.
- 4 Quick Recipes With a Moroccan Twist !
- Okra and Zucchini Salad - Mloukhia.
- Vegan Lentil Stew.
- Moroccan Carrot Salad.
- Beef Kebab + Grilled tomato and green pepper salad (chlada mechouia).
- Radish and Apple Salad + Rose Water and Anchovy Yoghurt Dressing.
- Preserved Lemons.
- Moroccan Tomato and Cucumber Salad.
- Ras El Hanout - Moroccan Spice Blend.
- Rose Harissa.
- Moroccan Fava Beans Salad - Foul.
- Chermoula - Moroccan Condiment
- Beetroot, Goat Cheese and Orange Salad + Candied Walnuts.
- Zaalouk - Moroccan Aubergine Salad.